If the baseline looks like it has become a thick marker pen, it may be due to interference from electrical devices. Nerve stimulators can also create a similar artefact with lots of spikes close together. If possible, eliminate the source of the artefact, or adjust the filters on your ECG machine.
- Rowlands, A and Sargent, A (2019) - The ECG Workbook, 4th edn, M&K Publishing
- Thaler, MS (2018) - The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, 9th edn, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- (2015) - ECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy!, 6th edn, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Houghton, AR and Gray, D (2014) - Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-on Guide, 4th edn, Taylor and Francis
- Wagner, GS and Strauss, DG (2013) - Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography, 12th edn, LWW
- Goldberger, A (2006) - Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach, 9th edn, Elsevier