Quality Issues and Artefact
RA/RL electrode reversal
- Grauer, K (2014) - ECG 2014 Pocket Brain, 6th edn, KG/EKG Press
- Wagner, GS and Strauss, DG (2013) - Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography, 12th edn, LWW
Groups of Signs
Variations: Quality Issues and Artefact
- Standard Calibration
- Chest compression artefact
- Double speed 50 mm/sec
- Wandering baseline
- Nonspecific baseline artefact
- Electrical interference artefact
- LA/RA electrode reversal
- LA/LL electrode reversal
- RA/LL electrode reversal
- RA/RL electrode reversal
- LA/RL electrode reversal
- LA/LL + RA/RL electrode reversals
- High V1/V2 misplacement
- Electrode Detachment
- Incorrect Machine Interpretation
- Transcutaneous pacing artefact
- Fistula artifact
Where did they come from?
These ECGs were collected from Free Open Access Medical Education (#FOAMed) blogs, with the permission of their authors. You can find out more about each ECG's source by clicking on it.
Why are they here?
This is an experiment in digital curation. The idea is to collect resources to increase awareness and accessibility. Over time, more ECGs in the collection will be tagged to make it easier to find them and reused in new interactive quizzes.
How can I use these ECGs?
You can use these ECGs for your own learning, teaching or research - as long as you abide by the terms of each ECG's copyright licence as stipulated by the original author.