Atrial escape beat
An atrial escape beat is an extra beat that originates from within the atria. The P wave is usually an abnormal shape compared to the normal beat preceding it. Unlike a Premature atrial beat, an escape beat arrives later than expected.
- Hampton, J and Hampton, J (2019) - The ECG Made Easy, 9th edn, Elsevier
- Thaler, MS (2018) - The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, 9th edn, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Houghton, AR and Gray, D (2014) - Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-on Guide, 4th edn, Taylor and Francis
- Goldberger, A (2006) - Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach, 9th edn, Elsevier
- Alila Medical Media (2019) - Premature Atrial Contractions (PACs), Animation., (Accessed: 30/06/2019)