Flutter P waves make the baseline of the ECG resemble a sawtooth pattern. They are caused by Atrial Flutter.
See also: P wave
Can you add to the information on this page?
This ECG Archive is an academic, non-commercial #FOAMed project aiming to crowdsource a free open access database of ECGs and signs. If you include your personal details such as your name you will be attributed for your contribution, unless you tell us that you don't want this to happen. Personal contact details such as email addresses will not be published but may be used to email you in reply. Full project details and participant information available here.
- Hampton, J and Hampton, J (2019) - The ECG Made Easy, 9th edn, Elsevier
- Rowlands, A and Sargent, A (2019) - The ECG Workbook, 4th edn, M&K Publishing
- Thaler, MS (2018) - The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, 9th edn, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- (2015) - ECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy!, 6th edn, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Houghton, AR and Gray, D (2014) - Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-on Guide, 4th edn, Taylor and Francis
- Goldberger, A (2006) - Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach, 9th edn, Elsevier
- Ashley Adkins (2016) - EKGs: Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter, (Accessed: 08/09/2019)
- Easy EKG (2015) - Easy EKG Atrial Fibrillation & Flutter, (Accessed: 07/09/2019)
- MedSted1 (2012) - ECG/EKG (Electrocardiogram) interpretation, (Accessed: 08/09/2019)
- Ninja Nerd Science (2017) - Cardiovascular | EKG's, (Accessed: 08/09/2019)
- Nurse Karma (2017) - How to Read EKG Strips Made Easy for Nursing School – Atrial Fibrillation vs Atrial Flutter, (Accessed: 08/09/2019)
- Robert Delikat (2009) - Intro EKG Interpretation Part 2, (Accessed: 06/09/2019)
- Simple Nursing (2018) - Atrial Flutter, (Accessed: 07/09/2019)
- Simple Nursing (2012) - EKG interpretation in 3 easy steps overview. Part 3, (Accessed: 07/09/2019)
- Strong Medicine (2014) - Intro to EKG Interpretation - A Systematic Approach, (Accessed: 05/09/2019)
- tootRN (2014) - EKG or ECG- Simple Simple!, (Accessed: 02/09/2019)