A short QT interval is less than 350 msec. It is associated with the congenital short QT syndrome, with an increased risk of arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death.
See also: QT interval
Can you add to the information on this page?
This ECG Archive is an academic, non-commercial #FOAMed project aiming to crowdsource a free open access database of ECGs and signs. If you include your personal details such as your name you will be attributed for your contribution, unless you tell us that you don't want this to happen. Personal contact details such as email addresses will not be published but may be used to email you in reply. Full project details and participant information available here.
- Thaler, MS (2018) - The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, 9th edn, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Houghton, AR and Gray, D (2014) - Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-on Guide, 4th edn, Taylor and Francis
- Wagner, GS and Strauss, DG (2013) - Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography, 12th edn, LWW
- Strong Medicine (2016) - Advanced EKGs - The QT Interval and Long QT Syndrome, (Accessed: 05/09/2019)
- USMLEVideoLectures (2008) - Most Important ECG Findings in Major Diseases, (Accessed: 28/06/2019)